Monday, July 28, 2008

23

I am currently engrossed in an epic struggle to prepare for a final that I am in no way ready to take, so I’m afraid I have no deep insight to offer right now. I expect that I will soon be able to write a bit about my trip as a whole and what I have learned, but for now I only have a few words.

Today I opened the 23rd letter sent to me by my friends and family. These letters, as well as all the other messages and emails I’ve received have given me a great of joy and encouragement, both from their content and from the simple reminder that people are thinking about me. It’s hard for me to believe how much God has blessed me with such a great family, and with so many friends, who love me and pray for me.

In coming to Israel, I have realized how important these people are to me and I would even go so far as to say I have developed a much deeper love for them. There are many things I will take from Israel, but in this place I plan on leaving all my days of taking friends and family and community for granted.

So, to all my loved ones:
Thank you. Thank you for your prayers and for investing your lives in me. Thank you for being Jesus to me. Without you, I would be a shell of who I am now. I can’t wait to get back and see you all in a few days.

Until then…

2 comments:

the Call of A K a eleb said...

I look forward to reclaiming my position as a thorn in your side.

Blake Studdard said...

post again sometime soon.